Tuesday, May 6, 2014

This is the beginning of an incredible journey. I love this moment because all things are possible. As I write this, Damon's Design HW is on the plane flying from Amsterdam to New York, due to arrive at 9P.M. tonight.  He will be in quarantine until Friday morning, when Marvin will pick him up and bring him to our new summer home at Legacy Equestrian Center in Chesterland, OH.
We are all breathless waiting for the call to say that he has arrived safely. Sarah Bushong-Weeks(Damon's new owner), Mary Anne and I have all been breathing into a paper bag since this all started back in April.  Let me back up a bit to fill you in.  One night at home, Mary Anne pulled a video up on the computer and said, "I found your next horse".  I took a look and of course he was amazing but I wasn't in the market for an international caliber horse right then. Several days later, we were at the barn talking with Sarah and Regina about horses for sale when we pulled up the video of Damon to show the girls.  The next thing I knew, Sarah and I were talking about what a great journey it would be to campaign a horse like Damon and before you could blink your eye, I was on a plane to Germany for a test drive.  And yes, even at 4 years old, he rides as good as he looks!!!
The following week was a blurr with pre-purchase exams, second opinions from Dr. Genovese(who else?), travel arrangements and oh yeah, did I mention there was a trip to OH with 8 horses in there also? The rest of the summer will also be moving really fast since we are going to try to get Damon qualified for the FEI 4 Year Old Championships this summer in Chicago in August.

2 comments:

  1. I follow hw on instagram & stalked my way over here from a link they provided. Cannot wait to follow your journey with Damon!
    Best of luck with FEI qualofications!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it, keep stalking and sharing - it's a small world ;-) when it comes to high quality horses.

      Delete